I have the honor of currently serving our community as the Vice-President of the Board of Directors in the Renton School District. I was appointed to the board in 2017. As a practicing and award winning public school educator, I am a full-time advocate for students, school staff, and families.
I am a proud graduate of the Renton School District, as well as an involved community volunteer. My passion for our community, as well as engagement with local, state and national education policy, allows me to understand the needs of students in our schools. I work tirelessly to support the Renton School District in offering world-class education opportunities to our students and community.
During my time on the Renton School Board:
- Sartori Elementary School was opened on time and within the allocated budget
- Trimesters were effectively implemented at all district high schools
- The 2019 Education Programs and Operations Replacement Levy passed with strong community support
- We’ve had successful implementation of the Right at School program district-wide
- Math and reading Smarter Balanced Assessment scores in 3rd grade have increased
- A strong fund balance in the district annual budget has been established and maintained
Working hard to ensure my top three priorities is a promise I have continued to keep to our community. These priorities are:
- Each student graduates from the Renton School Districts with all options available to them.
- Our school system makes measurable growth towards equity for students, closing both opportunity and achievement gaps.
- The Renton School District acts with a sense of fiscal responsibility, balancing providing students with resources, demonstrating transparency and honoring tax payers’ money.
Awards and honors include:
- WSSDA Foundations of Boardsmanship Recognition of Proficiency, 2017
- PSESD Regional Teacher of the Year, 2017
- Washington State Teacher of the Year finalist, 2017
- Elementary Teacher of the Year, Auburn School District, 2016
- Auburn School District Board of Directors Distinction Award, 2016
- National Board certification, Middle Childhood Generalist, 2011
- Golden Acorn, Auburn PTA Council, 2009
- Washington State Scholar, 2001
Education and Community Involvement:
- Renton School District’s Capital Facilities Advisory Committee member
- City of Renton Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas Plan Steering Committee
- Washington Teacher Advisory Council Board member
- National Network for Teachers of the Year
- Office of Superintendent for Public Instruction work groups
- Center for Strengthening the Teaching Profession – Recruiting Washington Teachers work group
- Regular presenter at state and national education conferences
- Way Back Inn President
- Way Back Inn Auction Co-Chair
- The Next Curve member
Thank you for your vote!
Paid for by Alisa Louie for Renton Schools.